MY GM REWARDS PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Updated effective as of April 4, 2022
Welcome to My GM Rewards Loyalty Program (the “Program”, also marketed under the names My Chevrolet Rewards, My Buick Rewards, My GMC Rewards, and My Cadillac Rewards). The brand associated with the Program (i.e. Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac) is based on the Member’s (as defined herein) most recent GM (as defined herein) vehicle purchase. This branding can be changed at any time by accessing your Member profile information.
Eligible participants who enroll in the Program (“Member(s)” or “you”) can earn Program points (“Points”) by engaging in certain “Eligible Transactions” including, but not limited to, purchasing or leasing eligible GM vehicles at participating GM dealerships in the United States (“Participating Dealer(s)”), purchasing certain goods or services from a Participating Dealer or online through participating GM websites, purchasing certain services from OnStar, or transacting with the My GM Rewards Credit Card (“Card”). Points can be redeemed at Participating Dealers or at other third-party, non-dealer retailers including GM Financial (“Third Party Retailers”). For a complete description of the most current Eligible Transactions, as well as details on earning and redeeming Points go to experience.gm.com/rewards. Members who apply and are approved for the My GM Rewards Credit Card Program (“Card Program”), issued by Goldman Sachs Bank USA are referred to as “Cardmembers”. See complete Card Program overview at www.mygmrewardscard.com. The Program is operated by General Motors LLC (“GM”).
By participating in and engaging with the Program, you agree to these My GM Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, which may be updated from time to time (“Terms”), which govern the Program and your participation in the Program. These Terms are intended to protect GM and participants in the Program by defining the rights and obligations of both under the Program. GM reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time without notice. Each time you participate or engage in any Program activities, including but not limited to, enrolling as a Member, accessing your Member Account or redeeming Points under the Program, you are agreeing to be bound by and comply with the then-current Terms and the GM Privacy Statement found at www.gm.com/privacy. In some instances, both these Terms and/or additional terms that are part of an offer, promotion, or activity which contain additional or different terms and/or conditions (“Additional Terms”) will apply to your participation in the Program. To the extent there is a conflict between these Terms and any Additional terms, the Additional Terms will control.
You must make sure you read and understand these Terms prior to engaging in any Program activities or with the Program. It is your responsibility to remain knowledgeable of any changes to these Terms. If you have questions about these Terms, you may contact the My GM Rewards Member Support Center at 844-764-2665. Except as otherwise published or distributed in writing from an authorized representative of GM or by Additional Terms, these Terms cannot be modified or superseded.
1. Program Eligibility
The Program is open only to residents of the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., and U.S. military locations, who are eighteen (18) years of age and older, have reached the age of majority in their state, have properly enrolled in the Program, have agreed to these Terms and are individual natural persons (an “Individual”). Business organizations of any kind, including but not limited to corporations, associations, partnerships, limited liability companies, vehicle brokers or groups of any kind are not eligible to participate in the Program. No purchase is necessary to participate in the Program and you do not need to own a GM vehicle to participate in the Program. The Program is open to GM employees, retirees, suppliers, individual dealers, and dealer employees, each in their Individual capacity, but restrictions may apply to earning or redeeming Points, special offers and Point redemption compatibility with other discounts or incentives.
If more than one membership is assigned to an Individual, earned Points will be assigned to the oldest Member Account with a Card associated to it, followed by the oldest Member Account without a Card associated to it. Duplicate Member Accounts may be cancelled by GM without notice and GM has the sole discretion to reassign Points to a Member Account of its choice. Members may request to merge Member Accounts by contacting the GM Rewards Member Support Center at 1-844-764-2665.
GM may change Program eligibility requirements at any time and reserves the right to refuse or revoke membership to any applicant for any reason, in its sole discretion, including forfeiture of Points associated with any Member Account. Participation in the Program, and any application for membership in the Program, are void if prohibited by law in the state of the Member's residence and are subject to change as may be necessary to comply with such laws or regulations.
2. Member Accounts
- Enrollment. To become a Member, you must first register for a “Member Account” by completing an enrollment application. When you enroll, we may ask you for certain personal information, such as your name, address, salutation (such as Mr. or Ms.), birth month and year, email address and phone number (your “Enrollment Information”) and GM may collect, use and share this information in accordance with these Terms and the GM Privacy Statement found at www.gm.com/privacy. In addition to Enrollment Information, other Member Account information including but not limited to Points, earn and redeem transactions, member offers, and Tier (as defined herein) may also be shared with GM Participating Dealers, Third Party Retailers, and their respective service providers to help facilitate the purposes of the Program. To complete the enrollment process, you must acknowledge receipt of these Terms and the GM Privacy Statement and consent to our sharing your Account Information with our Participating Dealers and Third Party Retailers. You can access your Member Account digitally at: experience.gm.com/rewards, www.chevrolet.com/rewards, www.buick.com/rewards, www.gmc.com/rewards, or www.cadillac.com/rewards. New Cardmembers will have a Member Account created on your behalf based on your Card application data. Once enrollment is complete, a Member Account is assigned a “Member Number.” You are responsible for making GM aware of any changes in your contact information that occur after initial enrollment.
- Account Verification. To earn Points, you must be a Member prior to completing an Eligible Transaction and must complete verification of your Member Account (“Account Verification”). Members will not earn Points for transactions completed prior to Account Verification, unless otherwise determined by GM at its sole discretion. Cardmembers do not need to complete Account Verification prior to earning certain Points but certain Points cannot be redeemed without completing Account Verification. You must provide and maintain a valid e-mail address to participate in the Program. Any non-Cardmember Member Account without a valid and verified email address will be deactivated and any accumulated Points will be forfeited (see section D). Any persons not meeting program eligibility as described in section 1 of these Terms will have their Member Account deactivated and any accumulated Points will be forfeited. As a Member of the Program, you will receive regular account servicing and marketing updates by email and you acknowledge that GM may communicate with you about Program changes, marketing, and promotional opportunities and other Program information by email. You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing content. Opting out of marketing content will not close your Member Account or opt you out from receiving communications related to the servicing or administration of your Member Account. It will also not opt Cardmembers out of receiving marketing communications from Goldman Sachs Bank USA, GM affiliated entities or other third parties. GM reserves the right to contact Members who have opted out of Program marketing content to confirm they still wish to maintain an active Member Account.
- Tiers. Members are assigned into a Rewards Membership tier (“Tier”) based on “Tier Qualifying Transactions”, Cardmember status, and Card spend between January 1 and December 31st of the immediately preceding year. Tier Qualifying Transactions are based on Eligible Transactions excluding Certified Pre-Owned (“CPO”) vehicle purchases, GM Financial earn opportunities, and Protection Plan purchases; additional exclusions may apply. As of January 10, 2022, initial Tier assignment will be based on Cardmember status, historical GM new and CPO vehicle purchase data. Tier assignment may take up to fourteen (14) days after Account Verification. GM may change the Tier Qualifying Transactions and benefits and limitations of the Tiers at any time, in its sole discretion. The Tiers are defined by the following events, which must occur between January 1 and December 31 of the prior year; any Member at risk of losing their Tier will be notified thirty (30) days prior to the change.
REWARDS MEMBERSHIP TIER
Required Vehicle Spend Amount
Required Vehicle Spend Amount
between $0 - $44,999 on new GM vehicles in a 3-year period
between $45,000 - $109,999 on new GM vehicles in a 3-year period
spend $110,000 or more on new GM vehicles in a 3 year period
Required Non-Vehicle Spend Amount
Required Non-Vehicle Spend Amount
between $0 - $1,499 on eligible GM service, OnStar, parts or accessories annually
between $1,500 - $2,499 on eligible GM service, OnStar, parts or accessories annually
between $1,500 - $2,499 on eligible GM service, OnStar, parts or accessories
Cardmember Spend Amount
Cardmember Spend Amount
spend $15,000 or more on the Card
- Account Deactivation. GM may deactivate any Member Account, in GM’s sole discretion, when the Member does not earn Points, redeem Points, or transfer Points (in accordance with these Terms) (each an “Eligible Activity”) during a five (5) year period from the date of their last Eligible Activity. Cardmember Accounts will remain active as long as the Card remains in good standing with Goldman Sachs Bank USA, see the Card Program Rules for details on Cardmember Account deactivation. Members may opt out of participation in the Program by contacting the GM Rewards Member Support Center at 1-844-764-2665. You will need to speak to a customer service agent directly to request that your Membership Account be deactivated. You must provide your Member Number (provided during Enrollment Verification) to deactivate your Membership Account. You will receive a confirmation email upon deactivation. Your ability to earn Points will be suspended on the date of deactivation. Once a Member Account is deactivated you will no longer have access to your Membership Account statement information, no Points will accumulate on future Eligible Transactions, and any accumulated Points will be void and considered forfeited. If a Cardmember wishes to deactivate their Member Account, it must first close its Card. See the My GM Rewards Card Program Rules for details.
- Account Security. Each Member is responsible for creating a secure Member Account and for maintaining its security. Members should create a strong password for their Member Account and not share their password, authentication or login information with others. If the security of Member Account information is breached, GM is not liable for improper access to the Member Account, or for unauthorized changes to a Member Account. In such circumstances, GM is not responsible for reinstatement of lost Points or for any damages or losses sustained by a Member as a result of such unauthorized access. If you become aware of any fraudulent or unauthorized activity on your Member Account, you must report the fraudulent or unauthorized activity to GM Rewards Member Support Center at 1-844-764-2665 and provide relevant information and cooperation to GM in connection with such activity. GM also reserves the right to deactivate a Member Account where GM has determined fraudulent or unauthorized activity or access has occurred.
- Suspicious Activity. GM has the right to monitor all Member Account activity related to the Program. If your Member Account shows signs of fraud, abuse, or suspicious activity, GM has the right, but not the obligation, to close or freeze your Member Account immediately; you may lose your accumulated Points and may not be eligible to earn or redeem Points. If you have conducted any fraudulent activity, or any activity that, in GM’s sole discretion, undermines the integrity of the Program, GM reserves the right to take any legal action GM deems appropriate and may rescind or confiscate any Points earned or redeemed in connection with such activity. In addition, you may be liable for monetary losses to GM, including but not limited to, actual litigation costs and damages, and you will not be allowed to participate in the Program in the future. To contest the freezing of a Member Account or the voiding of Points, please call the GM Rewards Member Support Center at 844-764-2665. If your Member Account does not reflect the correct number of Points that you should have been awarded as determined by GM, GM reserves the right to adjust your Point balance. If you believe your Member Account has been the subject of any suspicious activity, please contact the GM Rewards Member Support Center at 1-844-764-2665 immediately. GM also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to transfer the Points you have earned to a new Member Account.
- Suspension. GM reserves the right, but does not have the obligation, to suspend or discontinue any Member’s participation in the Program for any Member who is, in GM’s sole discretion, using the Program in a manner that is not consistent with these Terms or the intent of the Program, or who has:
- acted in a manner inconsistent with federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances;
- breached or violated any of these Terms;
- engaged in any fraudulent or dishonest behavior, theft, misconduct or wrongdoing in connection with the Program;
- engaged in any abusive, fraudulent, disruptive, inappropriate, offensive or hostile conduct, whether physical or verbal, towards any employee, agent or representative of GM, or of any Participating Dealer or Third-Party Retailer; or
- failed to pay bills, payments due to GM Financial, or accounts due to GM, or accounts due to Goldman Sachs Bank USA, or to any Participating Dealer or Third-Party Retailer.
If GM discontinues or terminates your Membership, you may immediately lose all accumulated Points. You may also lose all other Program benefits.
- General. GM may offer Points to Members for participating in Eligible Transactions. Points are not legal tender and are not your property and have no property value. Points are issued without separate payment or other consideration by you and exist at the sole discretion of GM as part of the Program. Points non-negotiable cannot be purchased or sold, cannot be redeemed for cash or credit or any monetary value or currency, and cannot be used to pay debts except where GM Financial expressly accepts Points. Points may not be assigned, transferred, traded or pledged to any third party, except as expressly authorized by GM. Points cannot be transferred by operation of law, such as by inheritance, in bankruptcy or in connection with a divorce. Points that are sold, transferred, or assigned may be rescinded or confiscated in GM’s sole discretion. Points will be available only to the Individual identified by the Member Account and only if the Member completes an Eligible Transaction, after a reasonable period of time.
- Earning Points. Members may earn Points by participating in Eligible Transactions, which may include purchasing eligible products or services at Participating Dealers, at Third Party Retailers, or transacting with an active Card. In order to receive Points, the Individual participating in each Eligible Transaction must match the identification information on the Member Account. A Cardmember who has not created GM credentials for a Member Account may not earn points on certain transactions. A complete list of Eligible Transactions is available at experience.gm.com/rewards. The list of Eligible Transactions and the Points that are awarded for those transactions may change from time to time in GM’s sole discretion without prior notice. Members can earn Points based on information provided to GM by Participating Dealers, Third-Party Retailers or other participating entities. Availability of Participating Dealerships and Third-Party Retailer will vary. Participating Dealers and Third-Party Retailers can change at any time without prior notice. A list of Participating Dealers can be located via the experience.gm.com/rewards website in the “Locate a Dealer” field or by contacting the GM Rewards Member Support Center at 1-844-764-2665. Members will not earn Points for transactions at GM dealers that are not Participating Dealers or at retailers that are not Third-Party Retailers at the time of the transaction. Eligible Transactions and other Point earning offers and opportunities may be subject to Additional Terms, including eligibility restrictions and limited availability, and all such Additional Terms must be satisfied to earn Points for such transactions. When Points are earned based on dollars spent, Members do not earn Points on taxes, discounts, rebates, credits, incentives, body shop repairs, or state inspection fees to the extent the price was reduced by the use of a coupon. If you return or exchange an item on which you earned Points, we may deduct Points from your Member Account up to the number of Points you originally received for that purchase. If you return an item on which Points were redeemed, you will receive those Points back to your Membership Account, within thirty (30) days. If the return impacts the Tier you achieved at the time of the purchase (i.e. your returned item takes your Tier from Gold to Silver), GM will notify you regarding the possible demotion and that you have five (5) calendar days to meet the criteria to retain your existing Tier. If you fail to meet the criteria to maintain your Tier within those five (5) calendar days, your Member Account will be reassigned the lower Tier.
- Promotional Points. From time to time, GM may offer opportunities to earn promotional Points that are subject to Additional Terms (“Promotional Points”). All applicable Additional Terms associated with the specific promotional offer must be met in order to earn Promotional Points. Promotional Points will be posted to your Member Account within thirty (30) days after the end date of the applicable promotion, unless otherwise specified in the promotion-specifically.
- Point Credits. Points will be credited to your account within forty-five (45) days after completing an Eligible Transaction. The award transaction date can in some circumstances differ from the earn transaction date. Points earned for service enrollment bonus may not be redeemed on that same day for Participating Dealer services or vehicle redemptions. GM reserves the right to rescind or adjust, at any time, any pending or available Points that were awarded in connection with this Program. Points earned through fraudulent activity, sham, inaccurate reporting, mistake, or falsified information may also be rescinded by GM. Point credits and redemption activity can be accessed in your Member Account. If you believe you did not receive the correct amount of Points for an Eligible Transaction, you may contact the GM Rewards Member Support Center at 1-844-764-2665 within ninety (90) days of completing the Eligible Transaction. GM will make the final determination, in its sole discretion, as to whether Point adjustments of any kind are justified.
- Point Expiration. Expiration of Points can differ based on Tier assigned and Cardmember status. Non-Cardmember Points will expire without further notice upon Member Account deactivation. Points earned prior to September 8, 2021 will expire five (5) years from the date of the last Eligible Activity associated with the Member Account. Cardmember’s Points will expire one (1) year after the Card is closed. Promotional Points may expire earlier, as disclosed in the applicable Additional Terms. Visit experience.gm.com/rewards for Tier specific Point expiration details.
- Point Transfers. Members can transfer Points to other Members by completing a Points transfer application. To be eligible to receive a Point transfer, the recipient Member Account must be activated, the recipient Member’s primary email address must match the email address entered into the Point transfer application by the sending Member, and the Members must reside in the same household. As a Member, in the event of a Point transfer, you agree that your personal information such as your email address may be shared with GM and its service providers for purposes of completing the Point transfer process. Points transferred in this manner will be governed by the point expiration rules of the recipient Member Account. GM may set limits to the number of times Points can be transferred or to the number of Points that can be transferred and change these limitations at any time in its sole discretion without prior notice. Transferred Points will be immediately removed from the sending Member Account and credited to the recipient Member Account. Point transfers are subject to tax reporting, final, nonrefundable and nonreversible. GM may rescind or confiscate Points and suspend the Member Accounts of any Members who are suspected of using the Points transfer tool in a manner inconsistent with these Terms or to sell, purchase, trade or barter Points.
- Point Redemption. Members can redeem their Points toward purchases of goods or services at Participating Dealers, Third-Party Retailers or, for Cardmembers only, with Goldman Sachs Bank USA so long as the Member has sufficient Points in their Member Account to qualify, subject to redemption caps based on the Member’s Tier. Member Account for current redemption cap information. Visit experience.gm.com/rewards to see where Points can be redeemed, and what redemption options are currently available. GM may change redemption options and Point value from time to time in its sole discretion without prior notice. It is the responsibility of the Member to specifically request the redemption of Points in connection with a particular redemption. Once redemption is requested, the corresponding Points will be deducted from the Member Account immediately. There are different ways to redeem Points. See the various ways in which a Member can redeem points here experience.gm.com/rewards/earn-redeem.
For some redemptions, the Member must provide the last four digits of the Member Number as well as additional personal information that was provided by the Member at time of enrollment to the Participating Dealer or Third-Party Retailer.
- Point Restrictions. Except as otherwise specified by GM in writing, Members using a GM Employee or GM Dealership Employee discount to purchase or lease a vehicle cannot combine Points with those discounts. GM reserves the right to make any other incentive or pricing program incompatible with Points pursuant to the Program at any time. Points may not be combined with other discounts, packages or promotional offers from GM or from Participating Dealers or Third-Party Retailers.
Points may be used only once. Points may not be sold, bartered, brokered, purchased or otherwise assigned or transferred except with the express written consent of GM. The maximum redemption cap per year varies based on Tier. GM reserves the right to change this limit without notice. Points redeemed are not refundable but may be returned to the Member Account in accordance with section 3.b. Earning Points. Points will not be replaced, reissued or credited if lost, stolen or destroyed. Points may be subject to additional eligibility restrictions, limited availability, and/or Additional Terms.
Members cannot use Points toward certain products or services. Ineligible products include, but are not limited to: items excluded by law; prepaid cards; lottery tickets; taxes; vehicle deposits; and other items GM considers to be ineligible. Points for discounts or credits on goods and services cannot be used to pay taxes. You are responsible for any personal tax liability that may be related to your use and redemption of Points. Cardmembers should refer to Card Program Rules for additional Point redemption opportunities and restrictions.
Whether or not an item you purchase using Points can be returned at a Participating Dealer or Third-Party Retailer is subject to the discretion of GM or the Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer, respectively, and applicable law.
Redemptions for OnStar® connected vehicle services (the “OnStar® Services”) require that a Member have an active OnStar Services account and that the OnStar® account be linked to the Member’s Account. Visit My Account on the brand web site to link your OnStar account to your GM profile.
If the OnStar account is linked to more than one Member Account, we will award it to the earliest created account. OnStar earn will not be awarded to each Member Account where the same OnStar account may be linked.
For issues finding a Connected Vehicle Services account contact OnStar® at 1-888-466-7827.
Redemptions for GM Financial require the Member to link their GM Financial account with their Member Account. Visit the Settings page on experience.gm.com/rewards to link your GM Financial account.
4. My GM Rewards Card Program
If you become a Cardmember, you hereby expressly authorize GM and its affiliates to share information about your account(s) and personal information with Goldman Sachs Bank USA so that you can receive the benefits of the Card Program.
5. GM Financial
By registering for the Program, you agree that GM and its affiliates may share your personal information as necessary to administer the Program. By providing your GM Financial account number, you authorize GM Financial to share information about any prior financing or leases, including, but not limited to, vehicle identification number (“VIN”) and your participation in designated activities necessary to earn points so that GM can verify your Points under the Program. If you no longer consent to GM Financial sharing such information for the Program you can withdraw your consent at any time by removing your GM Financial account number from your Member Account or by writing to us at (please provide your VIN for the applicable vehicle):
PO Box 183621
Arlington, TX 76096-3621
By removing your GM Financial account number, you will no longer be eligible to earn or redeem points through GM Financial.
6. GM Dealers, Third Party Retailers and Respective Service Providers
As a Member you expressly authorize GM and its affiliates, to share information about your Member Account(s), your Enrollment Information, and your personal information, such as point balance and dollar equivalents, and Tier, and vehicle purchase and service information with GM Participating Dealers, Third Party Retailers and their respective service providers so that you can receive the benefits of the Program including but not limited to purposes of earn and redemption activity, account administration and servicing, and to inform you of additional information, offers and opportunities.
7. Governing Law
The laws of the state of Michigan and federal law govern these Terms and any aspect of your relationship with GM under the Program. They govern without regard to any conflicts of laws principles that would cause the application of the substantive law of another jurisdiction.
8. Dispute Resolution
GM is committed to customer satisfaction, so if you have a problem or dispute, we will try to resolve your concerns. But if we are unsuccessful, you may pursue claims as explained in this section.
ANY AND ALL PROCEEDINGS TO RESOLVE CLAIMS WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. IF FOR ANY REASON A CLAIM PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN IN ARBITRATION WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.
EACH PARTY WILL BEAR ITS OWN COSTS, FEES AND EXPENSES OF ARBITRATION.
This section will survive termination of the Program or your Member Account and any bankruptcy. If any portion of this Dispute Resolution section is deemed invalid or unenforceable, it will not invalidate the remaining portions of this Dispute Resolution section.
9. Limitations of Liability
GM makes no guarantees, warranties, or representations of any kind concerning the Program except as expressly contained in these Terms. You release GM and its affiliates, participating Dealers and Third Party Retailers from all liability regarding the earning, redemption, and use of Points, including any product, service or reward redeemed with Points that, after receipt, may be lost, stolen, or destroyed.
Participating Dealers and Third Party Retailers are independent entities and are not agents or representatives of GM. Redemption at a Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer may vary. GM is not responsible for, and assumes no liability for, the actions or redemption responsibilities of a Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer. Nothing in the Program or in these Terms is intended to create any agency, partnership or joint venture between GM and any Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer. If any Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer improperly denies any Member any benefit they are entitled to under the Program, the liability of the Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer, or of GM, is limited to the fair market value of the denied benefit as determined by GM.
GM PROVIDES THE PROGRAM “AS IS” AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DESIGN, ACCURACY, CAPABILITY, SUFFICIENCY, SUITABILITY, CAPACITY, COMPLETENESS OR AVAILABILITY.
You agree that GM has not represented that (1) the Program will include any particular products or services, (2) that the Program will not be interrupted, without omissions or error free, or (3) that defects will be corrected or changes implemented. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO GM’S OWN NEGLIGENCE, WILL GM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PROGRAM, EVEN IF A REPRESENTATIVE OF GM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In the event GM is held liable for any act, error or omission related to the Program, your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to reimbursement for services or products you paid for but did not receive under the Program, or the issuance of Points under the Program as compensation, at GM’s election. You agree to waive any claim or action of any kind in any forum that is not commenced and served on GM within two (2) years after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
10. Modification of Terms
- General. GM may modify, amend, cancel, delete, change or terminate the Program or any Terms of the Program in any manner at any time in GM’s sole discretion, including but not limited to terms applicable to eligibility for Membership, Point values, redemption values, redemption caps, rules for receiving or using Points, or any other aspect of the Program. These modifications may affect Points already received, including Point value, or the opportunity to use such Points or their redemption rate. We will provide notice of modification of these Terms by posting revisions to these Terms on experience.gm.com/rewards and updating the last modified date. If required by applicable law, we will additionally send notice of the modifications to you at an email address we have on file. Modifications to these Terms are effective immediately when posted. You agree that each time you access your Member Account or otherwise use or participate in the Program you are accepting and agreeing to be bound by the then-current Terms. You are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that GM may make to these Terms and should therefore review the Terms each time you use or access the Program. If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms as modified, your only recourse is to cancel your Member Account and your failure to do so constitutes your continued acceptance of these Terms. The most current version of these Terms are available at experience.gm.com/rewards and supersede all previous versions of these Terms.
GM may, but is not required to, send notice to Members to advise them as to Point forfeiture or Program updates, modifications or changes. Neither GM nor any Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer will be liable for failing to notify a Member of such changes, modifications or forfeitures, or for problems of any kind with any of the programming or equipment associated with or utilized by a Member, or for any human error or any disruption, interruption, deletion, omission, defect or line failure of any telephone network or electronic transmission, or for problems related to computer software, equipment, inability to access any website or online service, or any other technical or non-technical error or malfunction, or for lost, late, stolen, illegible, incomplete, unintelligible, misdirected or damaged mail or email. All interpretations of these Terms are at the sole discretion of GM, and its determinations as to these Terms shall be final.
- Termination of the Program. While the Program has no predetermined end date, GM may terminate the Program at any time, with or without notice. In the event the Program is terminated, you will have ninety (90) days from the date the Program termination is announced by any reasonable and customary communication channels as GM determines in its sole discretion to use any available Points remaining in your Member Account. After that date, any Points will be forfeited without compensation.
- Invalidity. If any provision of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. The failure of GM to exercise any of its rights under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of such rights in any other instance.
11. Tax Implications
- The monetary value of a transaction for which you redeem your Points may be considered taxable income from GM in the tax year in which you redeem the Points, in accordance with U.S. tax law. GM may be required to send you (and file with the IRS) a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) for the year in which you redeem your Points when the value of the transaction plus other taxable miscellaneous income you receive from GM totals $600 or more for a calendar year. We determine the taxable value of transaction received through your Points redemptions for this purpose. You're responsible for any personal tax liability due to the receipt of a transaction due to your Point redemption. Please consult with your tax advisor.
Initially Effective: April 1, 2018
Updated: November 16, 2018.
Updated: April 13, 2019.
Updated: April 3, 2020.
Updated: May 1, 2020.
Updated: January 10, 2022.
Updated: April 4, 2022.