ABOUT AUTOMATIC PARKING ASSIST WITH BRAKING
If your vehicle has this available feature, Automatic Parking Assist with Braking can automatically steer and use limited braking to place your vehicle into a detected parallel or perpendicular parking space while you shift gears. You must always be prepared to override the feature and take control.
WHAT IS AUTOMATIC PARKING ASSIST WITH BRAKING?
- Your vehicle’s Automatic Parking Assist with Braking system uses ultrasonic sensors along the front, rear and sides of your vehicle to detect a parking spot. The system is designed to help you park alongside a detected vehicle or vehicles. The system will then automatically move your vehicle into the spot. It does this by using automatic steering and braking while you use FORWARD and REVERSE gears as instructed and remove your hands from the steering wheel.
- The system can detect parking spots while moving at low speeds (below 18 mph).
- You must remain in the vehicle when the feature is active and always be prepared to take over steering or change gears as needed.
HOW THE SYSTEM OPERATES:
- To use Automatic Parking Assist with Braking to search for a space on the right, push the AUTOMATIC PARKING ASSIST button before reaching the spot. To use it for a space on the left, turn on your left turn signal or select left-side parking on the infotainment screen.
- A beep will tell you a large enough parking space has been detected, and the instructions on your instrument panel or infotainment screen will tell you to stop and shift to REVERSE.
- Just drive at idle speed and follow the instructions for shifting gears while the vehicle steers and brakes into the detected spot.
For detailed information on how Automatic Parking Assist with Braking works, see the Automatic Parking Assist with Braking How-To article.
Keep the Automatic Parking Assist with Braking sensors clean to make sure the system works effectively. There are 12 sensors located on the front and rear bumpers. For more information on the system’s sensors, see the Automatic Parking Assist with Braking Troubleshooting article.
Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. Remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for more important feature limitations and information.
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.